Sunday, October 18, 2009

accepting limits

it's another late night. i'm churning my vanilla ice cream, made using madagascar bourbon vanilla beans. (omg!) i was over at benji's house making the custard base, so i brought home my share to churn myself. i was also testing out my new meat/candy thermometer, though the custard didn't thicken by the time the maximum temperature was reached.

dinner was excellent, courtesy of benji's sister+boyfriend. and i got my fingers into my first crab. not that i've never eaten crabs; i've just never had to shell them myself. the burgers with bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and improvised mushroom-swiss mix - omg.

i'm listening to a broadway soundtrack of wicked. ugly betty inspired me to listen to it. it's so lovely.

something has changed within me
something is not the same
i'm through with playing by the rules of someone else's game
too late for second guessing
too late to go back to sleep
it's time to trust my instincts
close my eyes and leap
it's time to try defying gravity
i think i'll try defying gravity
and you can't pull me down

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home